- Course Content
- Entry Requirements
- Apply and Fees
- Awarding Body
This course is the whole range of computer operations: programming, systems analysis, and systems design and computer management. As well as computing techniques, it provides detailed knowledge of general business management. Students completing the course, which is taught over three years, should be prepared for a professional career in information processing. Candidates completing the course are entered for the examinations of the IMIS, one of the leading professional bodies in the U.K.
On successful completion of all parts of the Institute's examination, students are entitled to Licentiate Membership of the Institute.
The IMIS Diploma is focussed around four themes, the central theme of the Management of Information Systems being covered with three supporting themes of the Technological Support for Information Systems, the Development of Information Systems and the Personal and Professional Skills that relate to Information Systems practice. It is this particular combination of themes that gives the IMIS Diploma its distinctive and popular orientation which sets it apart from other awards in theIS/IT field at this level.
The course culminates in a 2 hour written exam focusing on the one core module and each of the three optional modules of your choice.
In order to finish the Diploma in IT level candidates must complete a project.
There are two examination sessions per year
May / June
November / December
Examination entries must be made on the Examination Entry Form and must be received at the IDPM head office by:
May / June - 1st April
Nov / Dec - 1st Oct
The college is an examination centre
- Information Systems Practice
- Business Fundamentals
- Communication and Business Technology
- Programming and Web Applications
- Business Information Systems
- Information Systems Building
The Diploma Course continues on from the Foundation level although entry at this level is also available to candidates that comply with the entrance requirements. Completion of these examinations awards a Diploma Certificate and the general standard equates to the Ordinary National Certificate / Diploma (ONC/OND).
English Language Ability: Students must supply suitable evidence, that you have reached the relevant standard of IELTS at CEFR level B1
- Successful completion of the Foundation Diploma level examinations
- GCSE (or equivalent) with passes in 4 subjects, including Mathematics and English at grades C and above (or equivalent).
- Candidates of 21 years of age and over with two year work experience relevant to computing or a related field will also be eligible.
- An employer reference will be required
- Candidates of 19 years of age and over may be admitted on receipt of a letter from the college where the student is registered to study for IMIS qualifications, attesting to their suitability to study at this level.Any qualification equivalent to one of the above.
|Commencement (Intakes)||:||February, September|
|Study Mode||:||Full-Time(15-21 hrs. per week)|
|UK/EU students Fee||:||£3200/ year|
|Tier 4 (General) Student Fee||:||£3200/ year|
|Tier 4 (General) Overseas Fee||:||£3200/ year|